General Contest Rules & Regulations
CFNO/North Superior Broadcasting Ltd. contests are limited to legal Canadian residents living in Marathon and surrounding listening/broadcast frequency areas only. Listeners, younger than 18 years of age, require the authorization of their guardian to claim their prize. For contest prizing consisting of travel to the United States, case entrants must be 21 years of age (unless otherwise specified). Individuals who are ineligible are as follows:
(a) employees of CFNO/North Superior Broadcasting Ltd. and DougallMedia, all sponsors related to the contest, their dealers, subsidiaries, agents and affiliates and their respective advertising agencies,
(b) Members of such employees’ immediate families, same household members and/or persons with whom such employees are domiciled. For the purposes of all contests, immediate family is defined as mother, father, in-laws, grandmother, grandfather, brother or spouse, sister or spouse, children and grandchildren.
By entering the contest, entrants are bound by these rules and regulations.
Other key pieces of information when qualifying and collecting prizing from contests:
1. There is a maximum of one (1) prize per household, group or organization in a thirty (30) day period.
2. Personal information collected from the entrants will be used by CFNO/North Superior Broadcasting Ltd. for the purpose of administering the contest.
3. All prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are non-transferable and have no cash value. Winners will receive a letter instructing them where to collect their prize(s). Winner’s must present the letter at the time/location of prize pick-up. Prizing must be picked up by the winner only. The winner will be required to provide government issued picture identification showing current address i.e.: Driver’s License, Ontario Health Card, or Passport with proof of current address.
4. To claim a prize, you must be at least 18 years of age. If the winner of a prize is under the age of 18, unless otherwise stated, a parent or guardian must accompany the winner to collect the prize with a piece of government photo ID belonging to the winner.
5. Where the prize includes travel, the prize winner must ensure that he/she and his/her companion have all the necessary travel documents, including passport, required to travel to the destination on the dates specified in the prize description. CFNO/North Superior Broadcasting Ltd. cannot be held responsible for a winner not having the required travel documents.
6. CFNO/North Superior Broadcasting Ltd. is not responsible for reimbursement in monetary form or alternate product, should any event be cancelled. Winners of any contest on CFNO/North Superior Broadcasting Ltd. and members of their household must wait 30 days to play again.
7. CFNO/North Superior Broadcasting Ltd. is not responsible for any difficulties that may occur with email servers, telephone lines and/or computer delivery, nor is it responsible for destroyed, lost or misdirected entries. In the case of an email entry, if the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this contest server machine(s).
8. CFNO/North Superior Broadcasting Ltd. is not responsible for any sickness, injuries, loss of possessions or loss of life at any time before, during or after taking possession of any prize, the winner will have to sign a waiver accepting to liberate and release themselves, their heirs, executors, administrators and the following interested parties: CFNO/North Superior Broadcasting Ltd. and any other sponsor related to this promotion, of all corporal, property and/or equipment damages that they could cause, suffer from or meet with and from all claims. Judicial process, legal actions or proceedings of all manner including, but not restricting, the total applicability of the foregoing, and all recourse resulting from any or all decisions taken by the sponsors and CFNO/North Superior Broadcasting Ltd.
9. Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to cancel or suspend the email portion of the contest should a virus, bug or other cause, beyond the reasonable control of CFNO/North Superior Broadcasting Ltd., corruption to the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, CFNO/North Superior Broadcasting Ltd. reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
10. CFNO/North Superior Broadcasting Ltd. reserves the right to deny any winner their prize if the winner fails to meet any of the above conditions.
11. CFNO/North Superior Broadcasting Ltd. reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. Should amendments take place, CFNO/North Superior Broadcasting Ltd. will immediately make every effort to print the new rules within 72 hours of when the amendments take place. CFNO/North Superior Broadcasting Ltd. assumes no responsibility for printing delays of amended rules, should it be the case. All entries become the property of CFNO/North Superior Broadcasting Ltd. and shall in no case be returned to the sender.
12. Subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws, these rules govern all aspects of this contest and are binding upon all entrants. No exceptions will be made. Any decision made by CFNO/North Superior Broadcasting Ltd. or the independent contest judging organization in respect to this contest shall be final. Should circumstances beyond CFNO/North Superior Broadcasting Ltd.’s control force cancellation of the promotion; this contest automatically ends with no compensation of any kind to be offered to existing qualifiers or winners. CFNO/North Superior Broadcasting Ltd. assumes no responsibility for any delays or cancellation of this promotion.
13. CFNO/North Superior Broadcasting Ltd. reserves the right to cancel a contest or disqualify any participant if, in the station’s sole opinion, due to fraud, technical failures, or human errors, the contest cannot be held as originally planned by the station and associated sponsors. Any person entering the contest in such a way that it will corrupt the fair and honest conduct of the contest or could interfere with any other contestant’s chances of participating or winning, will be disqualified.
14. The decisions made by contest judges are final. In the event of a contest conflict, any instructions or interpretation of these rules given by a CFNO/North Superior Broadcasting Ltd. employee will be final.
15. All prizes are to be picked up within 30 days of winning. After 30 days the unclaimed prizes are forfeited.